Tuesday, April 09, 2013

Permision granted

Ihad my first plants emerge last night.  A lovely batch of rubber tentecals I recently put in.  What, dosent everyone plant rubber tenticals in thier mourning garden?  Oh, I guess not, perhaps I should explain.

See, much like fight club, operation "Plant potatoes not coffins" had a few, simple rules.  Also, unlike fight club, my garden has a decided lack of half naked, sweat covered Brad Pitt in it, what is the hold up Hollywood, didnt you get my repeated memmos alreaady?

Rule #1, the proper response is "yes, and..."
Rule #2, the garden is here to nourish not just your belly

Oh crap, I went all wibbly-wobbly new agey on you there for a sec, sorry that happens from time to time now that I amm spending more time on this project.  I'm sure it is some kind of alergic reation, probbaby can get it covered with some allegra or other such over the counter medication.    Still,  what does this have to do with the tentecals you ask?  I'm getting to that bit,  be patient while I see if I can squeeze a few more bad puns out of this train wreck of a blog posting.

First rule, always say yes, and.   There was never a doubt that I'd opt to add some funky,  personalized flair to my garden.  The real question is will I have more flair than flowering plants?   The tenticals came from an afternoon in the dirt,  trying to reuse some very old and eroded timbers.  Upon seeing the cliffs and ledges exposed when I turned the timbers over,  my first thought?  Little green army men.  Yep,   some plastic soldiers should be standing watch,  or better yet mounting an assault against another tiny,  pressed plastic  foe.  Aliens?  Cowboys?  Mormon missionaries perhaps?

Upon convince ingredients my wife that we just had to visit the Archie Mcviees story.  If anyone had tiny Mormons,  they would be it.   As fate would have it,  they had nothing.  Nadal.  Zip.  Nothing even army man ish....

Perfect.

Instead of sticking to an existing,  all be it silly one,  I gave myself permission to just go with the flow and trust that whatever I would eventually find, would rock.   So that is where I found the bucket of tentecals.  Unsure just how I would go about using them,  I took the leap of faith and got them.  Giving myself full creative licence to use them or not.   My only design requirements were that it should be cool to look at and bring some laughter back into the universe.  

There is more on this thought to discuss.  Let us return to it as I build more such opportunities for humor.